Click on the selected question to view the answer:
1) What are possible results of signature validation?
QES Portal distinguishes between four possible signature states and uses the following color representation for them:
2) Why is the validation result "Valid (partial validation)"?
Signature is determined to be "Valid (partial validation)" when it is necessary to wait (usually a few hours) for a new list of revoked certificates to be issued by one of the certification authorities that issued certificates used in the validation process. Information on when it will be possible to fully validate the signature is provided by "Validates at" field in "Details" section of the validation result.
3) Does the signature created with QES Portal contain a time-stamp?
Yes, QES Portal automatically adds qualified time-stamp to every created signature. Time-stamps are issued by qualified trust service TSA Disig.
4) Are the documents signed on QES Portal accepted by the government institutions of Slovak Republic?
Yes, the documents signed on QES Portal are generally accepted by the public institutions and by the central government portal slovensko.sk.
5) Why did not the government institution accept the signed document?
The reason of document rejection must be explained by the institution that rejected the document. We would be grateful if you could inform us about such event via the contact form.
6) An error message gets displayed when working with Slovak national identity card. What should I do?
When working with Slovak national identity card, the Web Signer application may display an error message with the text "CKR_FUNCTION_FAILED" present in its details. In most cases this problem is caused by the card reader incorrectly connected to the computer, card incorrectly inserted into the card reader, or by the internal error of card driver.
We recommend trying one or more of the following actions:
- Disconnect card reader from computer, reconnect it again an make sure it is connected correctly.
- Remove the card from the reader, insert it again and make sure it is inserted firmly and not upside down or reversed.
- Restart application "Aplikácia pre eID".
- Reinstall card related software that can be downloaded from minv.sk.
If the problem persists, please contact technical support of Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic who is official provider of "Aplikácia pre eID" application. Their call center telephone number is 0800 222 222.